The fight starts before the armor, before you pick up your stick, and before you step onto the field. It begins with an individual that is devoted to himself and understands the gravity of taking up arms against his fellow man.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

On 3:52 PM by Unknown     No comments
For once crown tourney was close enough to day trip. It was a relief to attend this event without the need to take an epic journey to the far corner of the kingdom. While this was a nice change I still feel a bit guilty considering the Canadians had to travel even further than normal to attend. I fought in the Squires tourney once again, this time with a different knight sponsoring me than normal, and found all that practice has finally begun to pay off. Even though I take my lumps twice to three times a week the desire to give a better fight has inspired me to be greater...mmm that is such a load of BS to make myself feel better but it sounded so good in my head. The fact is I've been working hard, practicing at home, events, and trying to prove that I am worthy of the attention my teachers have been giving me. It's not easy, I come home tired and sometimes discuraged. It's been heartening to hear from my fellows some of the blunders they've made in the past and it makes me work harder realizing that their skills are also hard won.

I was tickled to receive some excellent praise from a few knights on the field and now have a good outlook on what I need to practice and focus on in the near future. One thing is for sure, I need some stronger core muscles to make up for lack of size and upper body strength. Since winter is in the works its back to sit-ups, push-ups, and possibly swimming to take the place of the daily run. On the other hand I could just suck it up and run in the rain, makes you stronger right? I think I hear that snugly bed telling me to be lazy.....

0 comments :

Post a Comment