The fight starts before the armor, before you pick up your stick, and before you step onto the field. It begins with an individual that is devoted to himself and understands the gravity of taking up arms against his fellow man.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

On 3:48 PM by Unknown     No comments
For the past three weeks I've been a man-in-arms and until last night looked like the arrangement might work out. Being a vastly smaller and lighter fighter, than the grand majority of folks out there, I deal with being tossed around, shoved, pushed and upended a bit more frequently despite the footwork. However it also means that being Thugged can be a bit of a problem. While I loves me the thuggery there is a time and place and last night was not one of those times. My opponents lack of self control could have left me fairly injured last night had his blow landed somewhere other than my back. It was a good reminder of why we wear the armor we do and a good check on myself to see if I wanted to continue fighting in the future. I know my body can not take shots like that on a regular basis and stepping away may be the best idea in lue of that possibility.

On a lighter note I tested out my new arm armor, waxed leather bazubands, with great success! Lighter, smoother, with just enough difference to throw me off a little and expose some nasty habits that had been hiding the metal monstrosities. Had some decent sets with some of the other knights at practice and despite my lack of flow I hope that I gave them a bit of a challenge. I learned I need to practice shots with the new arms to rid myself of perpetual flatting, to stop blinding myself, and quit throwing single shots and resetting. I realized my mind set was not where it needed to be and my performance suffered for it. As did my abs for trying to engage them more. Fortunately, there were good friends and the soothing succor of drinks to finish out the evening.

0 comments :

Post a Comment