The fight starts before the armor, before you pick up your stick, and before you step onto the field. It begins with an individual that is devoted to himself and understands the gravity of taking up arms against his fellow man.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

On 1:42 PM by Unknown     No comments
Off to a pals house for an evening of burgers, slow work and drills on the pell. The four of us did a few six point drills and discussed a few others like Sean's five point drill and speed rounds for other practices. Afterward we paired off for slow work changing partners after about five minutes to focus on control, form, tempo. I discovered a few bad habits like pulling my shield out of place and not returning my sword back to start. Small things but also something that can make a huge impact on the fight over all.

On a good note my back is alright albeit a little swollen and bruised. So long as I continue to use good form there is no ache. I've also a clear head now from the events of Tuesday night. The lessons I learn while training ring more true than they have before.

0 comments :

Post a Comment