The fight starts before the armor, before you pick up your stick, and before you step onto the field. It begins with an individual that is devoted to himself and understands the gravity of taking up arms against his fellow man.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

On 5:28 PM by Unknown     No comments
Fitness is of the utmost importance. A few years ago a Sensei, very traditionaly japanese, taught me that it is not only skill but fitness that drives advantage. What you lack in skill can be covered up by the frequency and athleticism. There is no restriction in your movements and thus, if you can not strick your opponent you can frequently moveout of the way until a clear opening presents itself.

I am resigned to my weights and cardio seeing as my ability to armor up is hampered by an unfortunately frequent necessity to visit cemetaries this month. Family first, but this doesn't hamper my ability to train on my own by systematically heading off my Squires challenge and hiking a few miles a day with the dogs.

0 comments :

Post a Comment