The fight starts before the armor, before you pick up your stick, and before you step onto the field. It begins with an individual that is devoted to himself and understands the gravity of taking up arms against his fellow man.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

On 9:51 AM by Unknown     No comments
I was approached by a knight I sincerely respect to take up the mantle as his squire. While I can not ask for better, I must first step away from my Man-at-arms position to another knight.

The weather has turned cold, severely affecting my enthusiasm for suiting up in crappy weather at our outdoor covered practice sites. That quote "whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger" is feeling a lot like one of those building character activities. I suppose my cardio and endurance will increase significantly but I foresee loads of silent grumbling on my part as well. I will resume practices as normal starting this week after a hiatus with family over this past weekend that was wrapped up with a memorial service down in California.

0 comments :

Post a Comment