The fight starts before the armor, before you pick up your stick, and before you step onto the field. It begins with an individual that is devoted to himself and understands the gravity of taking up arms against his fellow man.

Friday, November 6, 2009

On 12:01 AM by Unknown     No comments
Tonight I had some good sets with the knights in attendance and a good warm-up/practice drill with my soon to be squire brother. I made sure to keep myself moving, being smaller movement is a vital part of my developing style, to prevent crushing blows and resets during the fight. My goal is to keep my opponent on their heels and simply move out of harms way while setting up blows rather than fighting toe to toe. Small steps up!

There are a few things I need to improve upon. Upping the aggression, this will come with time and a little prodding from some pals. Others include more seamless transitions in and out of my opponents A and B ranges, more efficient sword recoveries, and remembering good form. For me exceptional form will equal good power and appropriate skill level for higher level tournaments in the future. I maintain my Squire Challenge workout but need to up my cardio to increase endurance. Running in the rain? need some rain pants.

0 comments :

Post a Comment