The fight starts before the armor, before you pick up your stick, and before you step onto the field. It begins with an individual that is devoted to himself and understands the gravity of taking up arms against his fellow man.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On 9:32 AM by Unknown in     No comments
One of the privileges of training with a high profile instructor is the opportunity to watch fighters in the upper bracket practice and discuss techniques.  Over the next month a small group, around 7, will be focusing on tournaments.  Twice a week the group will be filmed fighting a double round robin.  The idea is to gear up, warm-up, fight, then immediately review the video footage.  By reviewing the footage so quickly the fighters and the instructor can break down mental game and technique while the fights are fresh in their minds.  An overall improvement in performance is expected by stressing the importance of a few fights.  The constant rebuilding of paradigms, or situational mind-sets, will hone focus and help the fighters ability to be successful during tournaments.

For myself I took a week off.  The injuries, illness, and some uncomfortable fights were leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.  Instead of mopping around and increasing my discontent, I gave myself time to clear my head, heal, and rediscover the reasons for stepping onto the ring.  Turns out it was just what I needed.

0 comments :

Post a Comment