The fight starts before the armor, before you pick up your stick, and before you step onto the field. It begins with an individual that is devoted to himself and understands the gravity of taking up arms against his fellow man.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On 12:18 PM by Unknown     No comments
It is my goal to run the Spartan Race next year. 

As much time as I have spent hitting the gym to build up muscle and endurance, I had forgotten how much fun it is to push my limitations in other areas.  I need to run the Spartan Race next year, to train, to push, to see how much punishment I can take.  It is a truer test of endurance and fortitude than cranking out 5 miles on a treadmill or stationary bike.  I had gotten so obsessed with focusing on training skills that it was beginning to feel like work.  It is overall fitness, practice and clarity of mind that help you improve.  When on or all of these things becomes occluded you find yourself on a plateau.

My change is mud races.  I fell into it by accident when a friend of mine out of the blue signed up for one and wanted some friends to run with.  All in all I'm not much of a runner, mostly because I get bored running at a gym, when there is no goal in mind.  I need to run SOMEWHERE to SOMETHING not run in place, it doesn't serve much purpose in my mind besides the drudgery of exercise.  So when this opportunity to join up for a race presented itself, I jumped at it.  It was brutal and I learned, a lot, the hard way.  Running gear was designed for a reason; to be light, to shed heat and water, and to be nonrestrictive.  I wore clothes that were none of these things........

 
observe:
  
  
This also applies to sparing gear.   It should be nonrestrictive, fit comfortably, and protect you well.  I often see kits slapped together at events that can not be comfortable and obviously fight natural body motions.  I know feeling of wanting to get in gear, any gear to get you out there, but take heed from this photo.  You may be out there but you wont be performing at an optimal level.  Make sure the gear you wear is right for what your doing.









0 comments :

Post a Comment