The fight starts before the armor, before you pick up your stick, and before you step onto the field. It begins with an individual that is devoted to himself and understands the gravity of taking up arms against his fellow man.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

On 10:13 AM by Unknown     No comments
Due to a surprising turn of events, and a reduced entry fee, I will actually be running the Spartan Race this year!  It takes place on June 16th which gives me a little less than two months to get into tip top shape.  I will need to focus on cross-training as unlike your typical 5k this race is a combination of workout drills, obstacles, and trail running.  Fortunately the push for this race overlaps with this years Crown Challenge and I can train for both simultaneously to increase endurance and over all strength.  The beauty is, I found this great site with a list of Military Workouts I'm going to work my way through over the next few week.     

The workout today is as follows:

1 mile run
1/4th mile running 
10 burpees
1/4th mile running
20 push ups
1/4th mile running
20 squats with 10 lbs weights in each hand
1/4th mile running
10 push up rows
1 mile run
Core work out
Stretching

0 comments :

Post a Comment